Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious "all in one" recipe courtesy of *Everyday Food*. However, if I were really to serve it to *four* people, I'd want to up the amount of sweet potatoes and cauliflower some.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets (about 1pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (can also use sherry vinegar)
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6-8 ounces each)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potato and cauliflower with 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through and browned on one side, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and gently toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and cooked through, 30-35 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- To skillet, add broth, thyme, and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cook over medium-high, scraping up browned bits, until reduced by half, 3-5 minutes. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet and turn chicken to coat with sauce. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve chicken with vegatbles and pan sauce.