Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try it - and Love it! Great served with rice or vermicelli noodles
Make and share this Chicken With Sweet Peppers and Balsamic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bell peppers (Red,Yellow,orange,green)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of the oil.
- Saute the chicken over med-high heat, turning once, until golden on both sides, about 8 mins total.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining (2 Tbsp) of oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the bell peppers and onion, stirring often, until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in about half the basil and all the vinegar.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to med-low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining basil and season with salt and pepper.
I like this very much. I did make a few changes - I sliced the meat thin for ease eating over rice, and added a small package of fresh mushrooms. I also used dry basil, not very much and quite cautiously. The flavor is good, the chicken, tender and the vegetables fragrant. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us. I'm just a beginner in using balsamic vinegar, but I think this is a good start.
Delicious! I cubed the chicken to stretch out the recipe and served with a bulgur pilaf. Thank you for posting!