na #2's Note:
My great recipe packet. I am taking this recipe from one of the recipe cards. Card 17. Simmered with red or green pepper, this eye-catching chicken dish is noteable for its sour cream sauce enlivened by a hint of tangy blue cheese. The savory sauce is delicious with egg noodles or fluffy rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 green pepper, seeded,thinly sliced in rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup regular-strength chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and white pepper.
- 2Coat lightly with flour.
- 3Brown well in heated butter on all sides in a large, deep, heavy frying pan or dutch oven.
- 4Remove chicken pieces as they brown.
- 5Set aside.
- 6place onion and red or green pepper rings in the frying pan.
- 7Cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- 8Mix in garlic, tomato paste, and about 1/4 cup of broth, stirring to mix in brown bits from pan.
- 9Return chicken to pan.
- 10Pour in remaining broth.
- 11Bring to boiling.
- 12Cover, and reduce heat.
- 13Simmer until chicken is tender, 35 to 40 minute.
- 14Remove chicken and peppers to a warm serving dish.
- 15Keep warm.
- 16Skim fat.
- 17Mix cheese into cooking liquid, strring over medium heat until it melts.
- 18Smoothly blend in sour cream.
- 19Cook, stirring, just until heated through (do not boil).
- 21Add salt, if needed.
- 22Pour sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sweet Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.3
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 290.4 mg
- Sodium 591.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 67.9 g