Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yes, what else...another recipe using Mae Ploy's sweet chili sauce. This is a stovetop recipe, but am certain grilling would be wonderful. Should you want a superior sauce even to Mae Ploy's, see Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- 118.29 ml sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy)
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 1 garlic, minced
- peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (4-5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl mix together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Pour 1/2 cup (half the mixture) into a small plastic food storage zip bag. Add chicken and turn to coat; refrigerate and marinade 30 minutes.
- To a skillet, add a tablespoon or two of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and brown on one side for about 2-3 minutes (it may smoke a little from the sweet marinade). Turn the chicken over and brown for 2 minutes longer. Cover with a lid, turn the heat to low and let it finish cooking for about 8 minutes.
- Place remaining chili sauce and soy sauce mixture in a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over chicken.
Made it exactly as per the recipe and it is excellent! This recipe is a keeper.
Just made this recipe with a fiew minor tweaks that kept it much more juicy and added a bit more sweetness. Marinade: 1/2 Cup Chili Paste 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp Siracha 1 Garlic (Cloves cut to halves) The biggest difference I made was the cooking preperations. Before even cooking the chicken I cut up a moderately sized tomatoe in eigths and began frying them in my wok with a bit of vegetable oil and ground pepper. After 5 minutes add 2 chicken breasts with about a 1/4 cup of the marinade, cover and cook on medium for about 8 - 10 minutes each side or until juices run clear. Thanks again for the great recipe!
Fantastic recipe, we'll use this one often! I did double the soy sauce and tripled the Sweet Chili Sauce. It's delicious and VERY easy!