Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy--just pop in the oven.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces, excess fat and skin trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Make the sauce--in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water, and cornstarch until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vinegar, juice, soy sauce, oil, and ginger and mix well.
- Stir until bubbly and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a lightly sprayed or oiled 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over it and bake, uncovered, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 1 hour, turning over once.
- Serve on a platter with the sauce.