1/1 Photo of Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Olives
Based on a Martha Stewart Everyday Food recipe, this is a quick dish recipe that has clean lines and flavors. Though baked, the chicken ressembles poached chicken The Mediterranean inspired ingredients couple well with couscous and a simple green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a paring knife, cut the peel from the lemon taking care to leave not include the white pith. (Should you trim off pith, go ahead and remove it from the back of the peel.) Slice the peel into matchstick pieces.
- 2In a small saucepan, bring the water to a slow boil. Add the peel and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook 6-8 minutes until the tomatoes are soft. Remove the peel and tomatoes and place them on a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth for later. (I like to use the rest to make couscous or rice, otherwise you can discard.).
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4To prepare chicken breasts, pound any thick ends. Rub with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with pepper and garlic powder. Use more than stated if desired. Place chicken breasts in a covered baking dish skinned side up.
- 5Cut the tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick strips. Mix tomatoes, lemon and olives together with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and pour on top of the chicken.
- 6Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over the dressed chicken. Add the reserved 1/4 cup of tomato broth to the bottom of a baking dish and cover with top or aluminum foil. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Olives
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g