Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy meal to make. I have cooked chicken with sun-dried tomato and oregano dressing for some time, but found a recipe in Chatelaine with the dried seasonings added. Original recipe called for 4 cloves of garlic, but I found that a bit much. I would only use 4 cloves if they were small. Wonderful flavor. Serve this with steamed green beans and rice pilaf.
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone in or 4 chicken legs or 4 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup bottled sun-dried tomato and oregano salad dressing
- 1 (1 tablespoon) bottlechopped garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Using sharp knife, make 2 or 3 slashes in each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag, then pour dressing overtop chicken.
- Sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and shake or massage bag to mix spices and evenly coat chicken.
- Refrigerate chicken in the bag with marinade at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) When ready to cook, heat barbeque to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pour remaining marinade into a small bowl.
- Barbeque with lid closed 10 minutes.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade, then turn chicken.
- Turn chicken occasionally, while grilling 20 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with basil.
- Can be done in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately.
- 40-45 min depending on size of chicken pieces.
This was pretty good and easy to make. We grilled on the charcoal grill, but next time I will bake to taste the true flavor a little better. I couldn't find the salad dressing mentioned, so I used Ken's Steakhouse Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette.