Recipe by heather in Ont,
This is a quick and easy meal to make. I have cooked chicken with sun-dried tomato and oregano dressing for some time, but found a recipe in Chatelaine with the dried seasonings added. Original recipe called for 4 cloves of garlic, but I found that a bit much. I would only use 4 cloves if they were small. Wonderful flavor. Serve this with steamed green beans and rice pilaf.
Top Review by starsugarb
This was pretty good and easy to make. We grilled on the charcoal grill, but next time I will bake to taste the true flavor a little better. I couldn't find the salad dressing mentioned, so I used Ken's Steakhouse Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette.
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone in or 4 chicken legs or 4 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup bottled sun-dried tomato and oregano salad dressing
- 1 (1 tablespoon) bottlechopped garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using sharp knife, make 2 or 3 slashes in each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag, then pour dressing overtop chicken.
- Sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and shake or massage bag to mix spices and evenly coat chicken.
- Refrigerate chicken in the bag with marinade at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) When ready to cook, heat barbeque to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pour remaining marinade into a small bowl.
- Barbeque with lid closed 10 minutes.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade, then turn chicken.
- Turn chicken occasionally, while grilling 20 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with basil.
- Can be done in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately.
- 40-45 min depending on size of chicken pieces.