1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
heather in Ont,'s Note:
This is a quick and easy meal to make. I have cooked chicken with sun-dried tomato and oregano dressing for some time, but found a recipe in Chatelaine with the dried seasonings added. Original recipe called for 4 cloves of garlic, but I found that a bit much. I would only use 4 cloves if they were small. Wonderful flavor. Serve this with steamed green beans and rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone in or 4 chicken legs or 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup bottled sun-dried tomato and oregano salad dressing
- 1 (1 tablespoon) bottle chopped garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1Using sharp knife, make 2 or 3 slashes in each piece of chicken.
- 2Place chicken in a large plastic bag, then pour dressing overtop chicken.
- 3Sprinkle with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4Seal bag and shake or massage bag to mix spices and evenly coat chicken.
- 5Refrigerate chicken in the bag with marinade at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) When ready to cook, heat barbeque to medium heat.
- 6Remove chicken from marinade and pour remaining marinade into a small bowl.
- 7Barbeque with lid closed 10 minutes.
- 8Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade, then turn chicken.
- 9Turn chicken occasionally, while grilling 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10Before serving sprinkle with basil.
- 11Can be done in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately.
- 1240-45 min depending on size of chicken pieces.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.9
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 907.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning