Recipe by SaucyCook
This is a good, simple, comforting type recipe that I found on Epicurious. The recipe is nice with some rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1.5 lbs total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato, patted dry and coarsely chopped (packed in oil, 1/2 oz.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Brown chicken, turning once, about 6 minutes total (chicken will not be cooked through).
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a plate.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to skillet and saute, stirring, until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, covered.
- Add chicken to skillet, with the juices on plate, and simmer, covered, until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- Stir cream and 2 tablespoons basil into sauce and bring just to a simmer.
- Transfer sauce to deep heatproof bowl and puree with an immersion blender until almost smooth (or blend sauce in a blender).
- If necessary, add water to thin to desired consistency, then season with Salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.