Recipe by hollyfrolly
A YUMMY recipe found in Bon-Apetit Magazine (November, 94). It is so rich and delectable and sure to impress your guests! (Even my two year old daughter loves it!) Fantastic served over rice and with steamed asparagus.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Can cut into strips, if you prefer)
- all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, minced (large)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup generous chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med-high heat, melt butter and olive oil in heavy large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Gently coat chicken with flour~ shake off any excess.
- Sauté chicken until golden brown and just cooked through~ about 3 minutes if cut into strips, 7-10 minutes if still in breast form.
- Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add minced shallots to skillet; sauté 1 minute.
- Add whipping cream, white wine, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Bring to boil and cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to pan, coat with sauce and heat until warm~ about 2 minutes.