A YUMMY recipe found in Bon-Apetit Magazine (November, 94). It is so rich and delectable and sure to impress your guests! (Even my two year old daughter loves it!) Fantastic served over rice and with steamed asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Can cut into strips, if you prefer)
- all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, minced (large)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup generous chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1Over med-high heat, melt butter and olive oil in heavy large skillet.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Gently coat chicken with flour~ shake off any excess.
- 4Sauté chicken until golden brown and just cooked through~ about 3 minutes if cut into strips, 7-10 minutes if still in breast form.
- 5Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 6Add minced shallots to skillet; sauté 1 minute.
- 7Add whipping cream, white wine, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- 8Bring to boil and cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Return chicken to pan, coat with sauce and heat until warm~ about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g