Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 small squash, sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, shake.
- Add chicken, shake bag again, to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high setting until hot.
- Add chicken, cook until golden brown on all sides, remove chicken, keep warm.
- Cook onion and garlic in skillet till tender.
- Add tomatoes and return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red pepper, squash.
- Cover again, and continue cooking for another 5 - 10 minutes, until chicken is fork tender, juices run clear and vegetables are cooked.
- Put chicken on platter. Add basil to vegetables in skillet, mix well.
- Serve vegetables over chicken.