Recipe by TasteTester
If you're in a hurry, this dinner can be on the table in 25 minutes using warm rotisserie chicken from the market.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs roasted deli chicken, still warm
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small summer squash, cut in quarters lengthwise (or 2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes or 1 cup red grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- fresh arugula leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove chicken from box or bag, and cut it into quarters. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the warm chicken quarters, skin side down, 3 minutes to completely reheat them. Remove from skillet, and keep warm with aluminum foil. Add onion to skillet and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 6-8 minutes or until the squash is tender. Add the tomatoes and chicken during the during 2 minutes of cooking. Transfer chicken and squash mixture to platter and sprinkle with arugula, if desired.