Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Middle Eastern (Arabian) grilled chicken. Simple but delicious!
Make and share this Chicken With Sumac(Jujeh Al Sammak) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken thigh
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the chicken pieces in a dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, pour over chicken.
- Marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Grill or barbecue, turning 3 or 4 times and basting frequently with the marinade until the chicken is browned.
I discovered summac only one year ago and I can really say that it was really delicious in this recipe.
After this treatment (rub and marinate for 3 hours) the chicken resulted tender and really tasty.
I barbequed it using wood as I find that this still gives the best taste.
Thanks a lot for your recipe!
Extremely tasty chicken! Needs sufficient salt, 2 teaspoons was good for us. Served with Harissa Yogurt Sauce, yum!
This is awesome. I love Middle Eastern food and this has a really authentic taste. Very easy to prepare, and good with any cut of chicken; I have used breast fillets, drumsticks and thighs and they are all yummy. Thanks!