Recipe by Jackie_Food&Wine
Panko breadcrumbs create a crispy crust for pounded out chicken without deep frying. A quick, easy, healthy meal for any weeknight!
Top Review by J-Lynn
I will refrain from giving this stars, because I barely followed the recipe. But I would like to give the chicken 5 stars! I am just cooking for two of us, so I pounded a chicken breast to even thickness, and cut it into 4 pieces. Dressed it as directed but then put it on my broiler pan in a 375 oven for about 30 mins, turning once. The coating stayed crunchy- yay! I made the salad with romaine, cauliflower, radishes, toasted cashews, the strawberries, and another dressing.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out to about 1/4 inch thin
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh fennel
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, mix panko, salt and pepper. In seperate bowl wisk egg whites to break them up. Dip each chicken breast first in the egg white and then in the panko until completely covered.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add two chicken breasts (if both will fit in your pan) and cook until golden brown color on each side about 3 minutes per side. Lay them on a cooling rack, on top of a baking sheet and place in oven to finish cooking 3-5 minutes.
- Add your arugula to a large bowl and douse with balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Gently mix in strawberries, fennel and almonds.
- When serving, layer salad on top of chicken.