Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great "Sunday" dinner with red potatoes and a simple green salad
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- cook washed spinach in pan until just wilted.
- combine spinach and feta cheese in a bowl.
- Cut pocket in side of chicken breasts and stuff with spinach mixture, secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in large saute pan, cook chicken on all sides until brown.
- To Make Sauce: in medium saucepan melt butter add flour.
- Stir over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in stock and wine return to heat and stir until sauce boils.
- Add sauce to chicken in saute pan cover and cook 25 minutes.
- Stir in cream and parsley and stir until heated through.