Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- In large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Sauté chicken in oil until nicely browned. You can also grill chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to same skillet and cook until onion is tender, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, add sliced tomatoes, then nestle in chicken breasts.
- Cover and simmer gently over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
Great recipe. I added some sage but otherwise it was great. Served with brown rice Made for Fall PAC 2012
I really enjoyed this recipe. It made more than enough sauce. I might add some fresh herbs next time.