1/2 Photos of Chicken With Sour Cherry Sauce
I have seen this dish before with Duck, but the family not being big Duck eaters I use Chicken. Its so delicious, very easy and very colourful. Cherries must be pitted and I use black cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Brush the chicken with the soy sauce.
- 3Place a slice of lemon on each breast and season with the pepper. Line a tray with foil and grill chicken (b.b.q. works well also) until chicken is tender and serve the chicken with the sour cherry sauce.
- 5*Drain the pitted black cherries and reserve the juice.
- 6Place vinegar and sugar in a saucepan, bring to boil, and cook stirring constantly until mixture caramelizes.
- 7Blend the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cherry liquid, and put the left over juice into the saucepan with the stock, rinds juices, cherries and liquid, cook another 3 minutes.
- 8Add cornflour paste stirring until combined (with no lumps) and thickened.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sour Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 31.9 g