Recipe by Tisme
I have seen this dish before with Duck, but the family not being big Duck eaters I use Chicken. Its so delicious, very easy and very colourful. Cherries must be pitted and I use black cherries.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Absolutely delicious! I had no orange juice, so used just some more cherry juice, and it turned out really wonderful. We had this with red cabbage and loved every bite of it :) Thanks for sharing!
Made for Make My Recipe Reunion Game / AUS / NZ Forum
- 8 chicken breasts
- dark soy sauce
- 8 slices lemons (sliced thinly)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 (425 g) canpitted cherries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the chicken with the soy sauce.
- Place a slice of lemon on each breast and season with the pepper. Line a tray with foil and grill chicken (b.b.q. works well also) until chicken is tender and serve the chicken with the sour cherry sauce.
- *Drain the pitted black cherries and reserve the juice.
- Place vinegar and sugar in a saucepan, bring to boil, and cook stirring constantly until mixture caramelizes.
- Blend the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cherry liquid, and put the left over juice into the saucepan with the stock, rinds juices, cherries and liquid, cook another 3 minutes.
- Add cornflour paste stirring until combined (with no lumps) and thickened.