Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, fresh
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots
- 1 cup snow peas (for best results, it is suggested to use peas that are "fresh from the pod", rather than frozen etc.)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 2 cups minute instant brown rice
- Remove all visible fat from chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Marinate in cornstarch, one teaspoon soy sauce and sherry.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Remove stems from pea pods.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add snow peas and stir fry until covered with oil.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cover and cook about 30 seconds until jade green.
- Remove and drain.
- Stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir fry for one additional minute.
- Add back snow peas and toss to heat.
- Make well in center of wok or skillet and add sauce mixture.
- Stir until it starts to thicken, then mix in chicken and vegetables.
- Serve over rice.
Simple and great! We really enjoyed this recipe. The Snow Peas are not listed in the ingredients. I believe I added about 1 cup. I used a little less bamboo shoots than called for. I also doubled the sauce recipe, we like lots of sauce. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!