Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Perfect when served with Saffron Rice to soak up the wonderful sauce. Harissa is a Moroccan chili paste.
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast tenders
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine paprika and pepper; sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken and pat into chicken. Let stand for five to ten minutes to dry. Heat oil in non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes on one side shaking pan occasionally. Add garlic to pan and cook 30 seconds. Turn chicken pieces over. Add olives, tomatoes and harissa to pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes uncovered stirring occasionally. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with prosciutto and parsley.
This is wonderful!!! I made it tonight but did make several changes so I didn't photograph it. I used skinless thigh fillets cut lengthways in 3 so they'd be about the same size as tenders, added in a sliced onion at the beginning and used regular tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of minced pickled jalapenos instead of the rotel ones (I'm from Australia and have never seen rotel toms). I tasted the sauce and added in half a teaspoon of salt too. The timing of this was spot on, super quick, but it looked and tasted like it had taken way longer! My version of your recipe was outstanding Bob and I'm positive yours would be too.