- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, salt, and pepper, reserve 2 T of flour mixture.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides,turning often, about 12 minutes, until chicken tests done.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To skillet, add onion and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add reserved flour mixture, cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, cook and stir until milk boils.
- Add shrimp, cheese, parsley and pepper flakes.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place chicken on plate, spoon scampi over the chicken.