Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is very easy to put together and makes a lovely presentation. You can get it ready early on and pop it in the oven 40 minutes before dinner. Great for Sunday dinner or for a special guest dinner. I like adding the Grand Marnier but it is optional. It just gives an added flavor boost. If you do not like spicy use regular smoked Paprika and sub green peppers for the Jalapeno.
Top Review by Susie D
I would give this recipe more stars if I could. The flavors married so well & the dish was delicious! The orange sauce was so nice; smooth & fabulous flavor. The sherry was present, but not overpowering and the veggies a nice bonus. One seeded jalapeno was a nice touch. It added some heat, but wasnâ€™t too much. I used bone in thighs, regular smoked paprika, and added a half of a bell pepper. Next time I plan to double the sauce so I have enough to drizzle on rice and up the vegetables. Yum! Thank you for your contribution to RSC & good luck!
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned & boneless
- 4 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 6 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 2 slices oranges, 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Grand Marnier (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a skillet with Pam and brown the thighs on both sides.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Place thighs in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with the paprika.
- Cover the thighs with the shallots, mushrooms, garlic and Jalapeno (or green peppers) Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the water (1/4 cup), Orange zest, orange juice & Brown sugar.
- Mix the corn starch with the 3 tbsp of water and add to the sauce.
- Bring sauce to a boil & simmer for apprx 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sherry and grand Marnier.
- Cut each slice of orange into 4 pieces.
- Place 2 pieces of orange on each thigh.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in 375 oven for apprx 35 minutes or until done.
- Baste a couple of times during baking.
- Use parsley as a garnish if you wish.