1/6 Photos of Chicken With Sherry Ala Orange Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is very easy to put together and makes a lovely presentation. You can get it ready early on and pop it in the oven 40 minutes before dinner. Great for Sunday dinner or for a special guest dinner. I like adding the Grand Marnier but it is optional. It just gives an added flavor boost. If you do not like spicy use regular smoked Paprika and sub green peppers for the Jalapeno.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned & boneless
- 4 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 6 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 2 slices oranges, 1/4-inch thick
- 1Lightly spray a skillet with Pam and brown the thighs on both sides.
- 2Season with Salt & Pepper.
- 3Place thighs in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with the paprika.
- 4Cover the thighs with the shallots, mushrooms, garlic and Jalapeno (or green peppers) Set aside.
- 5In a saucepan combine the water (1/4 cup), Orange zest, orange juice & Brown sugar.
- 6Mix the corn starch with the 3 tbsp of water and add to the sauce.
- 7Bring sauce to a boil & simmer for apprx 5 minutes.
- 8Mix in the sherry and grand Marnier.
- 9Cut each slice of orange into 4 pieces.
- 10Place 2 pieces of orange on each thigh.
- 11Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- 12Bake in 375 oven for apprx 35 minutes or until done.
- 13Baste a couple of times during baking.
- 14Use parsley as a garnish if you wish.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sherry Ala Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: