1/2 Photos of Chicken With Shallots in White Wine
I created this recipe one night out of desperation, since my pantry was almost bare. It turned out that my husband loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 2Combine flour, basil, marjoram and black pepper in a bowl.
- 3Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture (no need to dredge in egg/milk prior to dredging in flour mixture).
- 4Heat 1 tbs. olive oil in a large skillet and saute shallots and garlic until tender but not opaque.
- 5Remove shallots and garlic from skillet to a separate dish and cover.
- 6Add 1 tbs. olive oil to the skillet and brown both sides of chicken (about 3 minutes on each side).
- 7Combine chicken broth and wine in a small bowl.
- 8When chicken is browned, add shallots and garlic back to skillet (on top of and around chicken).
- 9Add broth and wine mixture to skillet.
- 10Simmer on medium-low to low heat for 15 - 20 minutes or until liquid reduces to a thin gravy-type consistency.
- 11Serve over pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Shallots in White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33.0 g