1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The kind of meal a chef would prepare after work at home in their own kitchen. Lovely when accompanied by freshly baked bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken thighs in water, and pat them very dry with paper towels. Sprinkle over them the flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot or skillet set over medium-high heat. When the butter foams, cook the chicken, in batches if necessary, until well browned and crisp on all sides. Set aside.
- 3Add the whole shallots to the pot and sauté them in the butter and chicken fat until they begin to soften and caramelize, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Add the wine to deglaze the pot, stir with a large spoon, then add the mustard and tarragon, then the chicken thighs. Cover the pot, turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove the lid, and allow the sauce to reduce and thicken, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Add the cherry tomatoes to the pot, stir lightly to combine and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.4
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 1988.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: