Recipe by *Parsley*
This chicken creates quite an aroma while roasting! You can leave the skin on and just peel it back to rub the spices on the chicken.
Top Review by Cara and Tovina
Great flavor. I doubled the spices for our 4 lb bird and used them as a rub under the skin. Then I followed the instructions for Blasted Chicken 142783. It tasted great and I plan on trying it again and maybe increasing the cinnamon a little.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) chicken (whole)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove chicken skin. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Remove giblets and neck.
- Lightly spray the inside of a roasting back with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken, breast side up, in the plastic oven bag in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Rub this mixture evenly over chicken.
- Tie the oven bag closed.
- Roast in oven 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.