Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy and tasty stir-fry. The chili bean sauce gives it a nice kick. This is a Ken Hom recipe.
Make and share this Chicken With Sesame Seeds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
For the marinade
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
For the sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chinese cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon whole szechuan peppercorns, roasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips around 7.5cm/3 inch long and mix with all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl, refrigerate for about 20 minutes
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a high heat and then add the 1/2 cup peanut oil, when it is very hot, remove the wok from the heat and immediately add the chicken pieces, stirring vigorously to prevent them sticking.
- After about 2 minutes, when the chicken pieces turn white, quickly drain them in a stainless-steel colander set in a bowl. Discard the oil.
- Wipe the wok clean, heat it until it is very hot, then add the tablespoon of oil. Immediately add the sesame seeds and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until they are slightly brown
- Add all the sauce ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and stir-fry the mixture for another 2 minutes, coating the pieces thoroughly with the sauce and sesame seeds.
I made this recipe for COOKING PHOTO SWAP #7. It was great and so easy. I served it with fried rice and egg rolls.