Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting this recipe so maybe I might finally get around to making it.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green onion
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare linguine as label directs; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut red peppers and cucumber into match-stick-thin slices; thinly slice green onions.
- Set aside.
- Cut chicken breast halves crosswise into 1-inch thick strips.
- In a medium bowl combine cornstarch and salt.
- Toss chicken strips in cornstarch mixture to coat.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook chicken pieces, stirring quickly and constantly, until light browned and chicken losses its pink color throughout.
- Remove chicken to a plate; keep warm.
- To skillet over medium heat, add peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and 3/4 cup water; cook stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in linguine and heat though.
- Spoon linguine mixture onto warm platter.
- Top with red pepper and cucumber strips, then chicken strips and green onions.
- If you like sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- Toss to serve.