Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from my bag of old recipes. I should have gone through this a long time ago. An easy, but elegant way to serve chicken.
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved lengthwise
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt.
- In a 10-inch skillet melt butter. Add chicken pieces and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until browned, then turn and add onion.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes more until chicken is done and onion is tender.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add jelly and vinegar to skillet.
- Cook and stir, scraping up bits in the pan. Bring to boiling and boil 1 minute or until slightly reduced.
- Stir in cream; heat to just boiling. Pour over chicken.