Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had a bag of frozen peaches that I wanted to use, so I came up with this and my family loved it!
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb frozen sliced peaches
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken strips
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, grated
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (just a little to deglaze pan)
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat frying pan and add oil. Add onion, season with salt and heat until slightly brown and beginning to caramelize.
- Stir in peach slices and heat through.When peaches are softened (cooked through, but still firm), remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and 1 Tb butter to pan.
- Place chicken strips in pan and season top side with salt and pepper. Let cook a few minutes until seared/browned on bottom. Turn chicken over, season with salt and pepper.
- After a few minutes, when chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and place on serving platter. (Can cover with foil while preparing pan sauce.).
- Pan sauce (be sure to stir constantly):.
- Deglaze pan with some white wine (1/4 -1/3 cup).
- Add remaining tablespoon butter and some chicken stock, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add onion and peach mixture, stirring into sauce.
- Add fresh grated ginger, stir into mixture and let cook for about a minute or two.
- Add more chicken stock to adjust thickness of sauce. Add seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and sprinkle with fresh chopped mint.
I didn't mind this but no one else in my family liked the pairing of fruit and meat. I didn't need any extra chicken stock though, because cooking the chicken strips resulted in broth and the pan never needed de-glazing.