Recipe by Nocurfupa
I was searching for a flavorful low carb dish with lots of healthy foods inside. This came out AWESOME. Hubby said he would eat it everynight!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 link sausage (I use chicken)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves (I use the tubes of pre-minced)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
- 4.92-9.85 ml Italian spices
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml Baby Spinach
- 118.29 ml spaghetti sauce
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 236.59 ml shirataki noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Remove sausage from casing and in a large saucepan cook in 1 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- Remove sausage from pan (do not drain) and set aside.
- In same pan with olive oil and sausage drippings, add tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms and cook on med-low.
- While sauce is cooking, combine sausage, parmesean, mozzarella and Italian spice.
- Pound chicken so they are even thickness (or buy thin).
- Coat chicken with Olive Olive.
- Put remaining oil in baking dish.
- Put sausage mixture on bottom of dish- do not spread so much that the chicken will not cover.
- Put chicken breasts on top.
- sprinkle with parmesan (optional).
- Bake at 350 for 20 min (or more if chicken breasts are thicker).
- While chicken is cooking, add spinach, spaghetti sauce and noodles.
- Add Splenda if sauce is too acidic.
- Serve chicken with tomato sauce on top.