I was searching for a flavorful low carb dish with lots of healthy foods inside. This came out AWESOME. Hubby said he would eat it everynight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 links sausage (I use chicken)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves (I use the tubes of pre-minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup shirataki noodles (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2Remove sausage from casing and in a large saucepan cook in 1 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- 3Remove sausage from pan (do not drain) and set aside.
- 4In same pan with olive oil and sausage drippings, add tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms and cook on med-low.
- 5While sauce is cooking, combine sausage, parmesean, mozzarella and Italian spice.
- 6Pound chicken so they are even thickness (or buy thin).
- 7Coat chicken with Olive Olive.
- 8Put remaining oil in baking dish.
- 9Put sausage mixture on bottom of dish- do not spread so much that the chicken will not cover.
- 10Put chicken breasts on top.
- 11sprinkle with parmesan (optional).
- 12Bake at 350 for 20 min (or more if chicken breasts are thicker).
- 13While chicken is cooking, add spinach, spaghetti sauce and noodles.
- 14Add Splenda if sauce is too acidic.
- 15Serve chicken with tomato sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Sausage and a Tomato Veggie Sauce on Top
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.9
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 2018.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 50.9 g