Recipe by ToblerChocolateOrange
An unbelievably delicious, quick, and simple recipe that proves you don't need 16 million ingredients to make chicken interesting. It's a true "30-minute meal", maybe even less if you hurry. Although it's absolutely nothing fancy, this recipe comes from the midwest, a place where people love food and know how it's supposed to be. Everyone I know who has ever tried this dish has loved it, and I hope you all do as well.
- 6 chicken thighs (leave the skin on at least until it's done cooking, you don't have to actually eat it)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar (both are fine) or 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (both are fine)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ginger (don't use powdered) or 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger puree (don't use powdered)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in microwave-safe dish with skin side facing up.
- Mix other ingredients together.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Microwave on high, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs over, re-baste with sauce using turkey baster.
- Microwave on high, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, tilt dish so that the liquid flows to one corner. Use turkey baster to extract the sauce from underneath the fat which has risen to the top of the liquid.
- Reapply de-greased sauce, serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.