Recipe by Gail2293
I got this recipe from Mr. Food the other day on TV. I made the following modifications but it was wonderful. I threw everything in the crockpot & I used a cut up chicken. I also added a can of chicken broth--only because I was using the crockpot & I used a sweet potato also which made the vegetable mixture a bit larger. Anyways, this came out great. The chicken was tender & juicy and the spices were really great on the chicken. I made it for my mom & stepfather and they really enjoyed it.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium onions, quartered & cut 1 in cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered and cut 1 in cubes
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 in cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & cut 1 in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350°. coat a roasting pan with non stick spray. Place the chicken in the roasting pan & season with 1/4 tsp salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables, butter & remaining seasonings. Mix well and place around the chicken.
- Roast about an hour and a half or until everything is fully cooked.