1/2 Photos of Chicken With Roasted Vegetables and Gorgonzola
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Crys's Note:
Simple, rustic, delicious. A winner with the family every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, cut per preference
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut per preference
- 4 large red potatoes, cubed
- 3 -4 large shallots, cut per preference
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (about 2 sprigs)
- 4 -6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon gorgonzola, per serving (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mince garlic, rosemary and thyme, reserve.
- 3Cube potatoes; slice shallots and bell peppers. Combine on large cookie sheet with kosher salt, black pepper, butter and olive oil. Mix with hands to distribute herbs and oil/butter evenly.
- 4When done, place in oven, roasting anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how you prefer the tenderness of your vegetables.
- 5Approximately 20 minutes before vegetables are finished roasting, heat 1/8 cup olive oil in frying pan. When hot, put in chicken breasts (I keep the breasts whole and then cube when still hot, but you can cube ahead of time and then saute in oil, if you prefer), cooking approximately 4 - 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness of breast. (Make sure not to overcook, which will make the chicken dry.) Remove chicken from oil a few moments before fully done, as it will finish cooking with the roasted vegetables.
- 6Add chicken to roasted vegetable mixture, mixing well. You should have about ten minutes left of roasting time. You may like to add a bit more olive oil to the entire mixture at this point if you think it is needed (for example, if the vegetables look dry).
- 7Finish roasting until vegetables are at desired tenderness, then remove from oven.
- 8Garnish with Gorgonzola cheese (or bleu cheese, or your favorite cheese) and serve.
- 9Note: Finesse is needed with the chicken. If it cooks too long with the roasted vegetables it may dry; if it cooks too little in the oil before being added to vegetables, it may not cook all the way. Watch carefully.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Roasted Vegetables and Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 778.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: