Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Positively scrumptious meal, perfect served with mashed potatoes or pasta. The sauce is plate-licking-good! It's also a healthier alternative to alfredo sauces which use butter and cream.
- Coat garlic gloves with olive oil and wrap tightly in foil, roast in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from foil and mash well.
- Brown chicken breasts in olive oil, not cooking the chicken through at this point but adding color. Remove when finished and set into a casserole dish.
- Deglaze the sauce pan with the white wine and let boil. Add chicken stock, parsley and roasted garlic. Allow to simmer.
- Add milk and cream cheese, stirring until it is incorporated, and then add the parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Add black pepper to taste and salt if needed. (the broth and cheese are salty so you probably won’t need any).
- Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sauce over mashed potatoes or pasta. If it is too thin, return to a saucepan and mix together one tablespoon water and one tablespoon of corn starch and whisk into sauce when simmering.
I made this for my Dad when he was here last week visiting from out of state. I enjoyed it very much and he LOVED it. It will be a do again every time he comes to visit now, per his request. Thanks, stonecoldcrazy for posting this delicious recipe
all I can say, is OMG! Delicious
Thanks for the great recipe! Next time, I think I'll double the sauce though--we really like sauce! I added fresh mushrooms for a serving of veggies! Rave reviews by all, thanks again!