Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
Positively scrumptious meal, perfect served with mashed potatoes or pasta. The sauce is plate-licking-good! It's also a healthier alternative to alfredo sauces which use butter and cream.
Top Review by sloe cooker
I made this for my Dad when he was here last week visiting from out of state. I enjoyed it very much and he LOVED it. It will be a do again every time he comes to visit now, per his request. Thanks, stonecoldcrazy for posting this delicious recipe
- 7 -10 garlic cloves
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat garlic gloves with olive oil and wrap tightly in foil, roast in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from foil and mash well.
- Brown chicken breasts in olive oil, not cooking the chicken through at this point but adding color. Remove when finished and set into a casserole dish.
- Deglaze the sauce pan with the white wine and let boil. Add chicken stock, parsley and roasted garlic. Allow to simmer.
- Add milk and cream cheese, stirring until it is incorporated, and then add the parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Add black pepper to taste and salt if needed. (the broth and cheese are salty so you probably won’t need any).
- Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sauce over mashed potatoes or pasta. If it is too thin, return to a saucepan and mix together one tablespoon water and one tablespoon of corn starch and whisk into sauce when simmering.