Chicken With Riesling and Grapes
- In a large skillet heat the butter and the oil over moderately high heat until the foam subsides, in the fat brown the chicken on all sides for 8 minutes, or until it is golden, and transfer it with tongs to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and in the fat remaining in the skillet cook the shallot and the garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook the roux, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the Riesling and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, the lemon juice, the thyme, and salt and pepper to taste and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with any juices that have accumulated on the plate and simmer the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the grapes and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.