2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
"I grew up with this recipe, it is a meal in itself. Serve with slices of buttered bread or corn tortillas. To complete this delicious Latin dish, serve with coffee."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups converted long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fresh peas
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 0.5 (8 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 3Sear the chicken until golden, then set aside. Stir in the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook until the onions have softened, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the rice, and season with salt, pepper, and saffron. Cook rice until golden, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes, green chiles, and chicken broth. Place chicken thighs on top, then bring to a boil, cover, and place in the preheated oven.
- 6Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, then sprinkle the peas, pimentos, and olives on top. Pour in the water, but do not stir. Recover and continue baking until the chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 1089.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g