Recipe by Beth F.
This is a great one pan stove top casserole. The chicken has great flavor and the rice is wonderful flavored by your favorite salsa.
Top Review by Skmarrama
I made this recipe last January and LOVED IT! I used a can of Rotel Tomatoes instead of salsa because it's what I had on-hand at the time. The Rotel gave it a spicy twist which I enjoy. Somehow I misplaced your recipe and when I went to print it again, I had the most difficult time trying to find it! FINALLY persistance paid off. Thank you!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6-8 pieces each
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (I use jasmine)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a non-stick pan on med-high heat, saute onion and garlic until translucent. 4 minutes.
- remove onion mixture from pan and saute chicken pieces just to brown a little.
- add back onion mixture, salsa, cumin and rice and saute until liquid is evaporated. 2-3 minutes.
- add chicken broth and water. bring to a boil, cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.