Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In ‘Mary Mac’s Tea Room’
Make and share this Chicken With Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over med-high heat and cook chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the chicken to a pie plate or bowl.
- Decrease heat to medium and sauté onion, celery, and carrots until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the butter.
- Add the chicken broth; return the chicken and any juices to the pan.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken come to a boil over med-high heat; cover with an oven-proof lid or foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.