Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the new version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It is a lighter version of the one previously posted on this site. It was originally submitted to the cookbook by Martha Pollock of Oregonia, OH.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced (optional)
- Whisk egg white in a shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1" of water.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Place the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small microwave until heated through.
- Divide spinach among four plates; top each with a chicken breast half, about 2 Tbsp red pepper sauce and 2 Tbsp cheese.
- Garnish with basil if desired.