PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this recipe in the new version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It is a lighter version of the one previously posted on this site. It was originally submitted to the cookbook by Martha Pollock of Oregonia, OH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Whisk egg white in a shallow bowl.
- 2Combine bread crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl.
- 3Dip chicken in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170.
- 5Meanwhile, place spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1" of water.
- 6Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 7Place the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- 8Transfer to a small microwave until heated through.
- 9Divide spinach among four plates; top each with a chicken breast half, about 2 Tbsp red pepper sauce and 2 Tbsp cheese.
- 10Garnish with basil if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 804.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: