Recipe by - Carla -
This is a tasty recipe I've recently acquired through a Dutch supermarket magazine. It's simple enough for week night meals, yet will also work well when having your favorite friends over for a weekend dinner. Served best along side rice or homemade tagliatelle pasta with freshly baked French bread and a glass of light Bordeaux.
- 500 g chicken breasts, cubed
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 red onions, sliced into rings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 ml white wine
- 125 ml chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pan.
- Saute the rings of red onion until soft.
- Add the chicken and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, minced garlic and salt with freshly ground black pepper (to taste); mix well.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to medium-low and cook another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add fresh thyme and sliced mushrooms and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add creme fraiche.
- Serve along side your favorite rice or homemade tagliatelle with freshly baked French bread and a glass of light Bordeaux.