Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes 2. I got this great cookbook from breezermom, my partner for Feb '09 Cookbook swap!
- 4 chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely diced
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with Mexican seasoning and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and onions.
- Pour half of salsa mixture in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker; Add chicken and top with remaining salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
Any easy and versatile chicken dish that was actually better the next day. The flavor hangs a lot on the spices and for mine I used Hot Mexican Rub. Leftovers were converted a quick stew with spinach and corn as well as a burrito filling on another day. The recipe as stated makes a vast amount of salsa and though my chicken is gone, I still have more. One could cut it half and still have enough. Made for Photo Tag.