Recipe by NELady
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes 2. I got this great cookbook from breezermom, my partner for Feb '09 Cookbook swap!
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Any easy and versatile chicken dish that was actually better the next day. The flavor hangs a lot on the spices and for mine I used Recipe #132796. Leftovers were converted a quick stew with spinach and corn as well as a burrito filling on another day. The recipe as stated makes a vast amount of salsa and though my chicken is gone, I still have more. One could cut it half and still have enough. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with Mexican seasoning and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and onions.
- Pour half of salsa mixture in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker; Add chicken and top with remaining salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.