Recipe by dale!
A healthy, quick and easy dinner.
Top Review by shenriver chefin'
I had to add 2 cups more water to the lentils to maintain enough liquid for them to cook. The lentils took longer than 10 minutes to cook--more like 30 minutes. The taste was quite good. I served the lentils and chicken over couscous.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half (single breasts)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the lentils and stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir through the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- While lentils are cooking, season the chicken with cumin.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook chicken until cooked through.
- Serve over lentils.
- Lamb or fish fillets can be exchanged for chicken in this recipe.