1/4 Photos of Chicken With Raspberry Barbecue/Chipotle Sauce Pizza
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Raspberry Preserves mixed with hickory barbecue sauce and mild, medium or hot diced green chiles with diced cooked chicken. You can substitute chipotle sauce for the barbecue sauce but it will be hot, hot, hot. Makes a huge pizza. Use my Beer Pizza Crust Beer Pizza Crust or your favorite. Instructions for appetizers as well. I went to a fund raiser and tried a cracker with chipotle sauce and raspberry preserves and almonds and the cracker was soft. I tried to duplicate the sauce and came up with this recipe with hard crackers and scoops and my son's favorite, the PIZZA..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large pizza crust
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce or 1/3 cup chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2-2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced white onion (optional)
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- pretzel cracker
- Tostitos Scoops
- 1Prepare crust and place in a large pizza pan.
- 2Preheat oven 400°F.
- 3Poke a few fork holes in the middle (to eliminate puffing).
- 4Cook 6 to 8 minutes. Take out of oven.
- 5Increase oven temp to 425°F.
- 6While crust is cooking, mix preserves, barbecue or chipotle sauce and diced green chiles together. Mix well.
- 7Spread one half of sauce mixture over the entire crust.
- 8Sprinkle crust with chicken and onion (if desired).
- 9Spread the other half of the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- 10Sprinkle 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- 11Cut the thin slices of tomato in half and lay them on the pizza.
- 12Sprinkle the other 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
- 13Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and the cilantro.
- 14Bake 10 -12 minutes.
- 15Take out when crust turns medium brown and cheeses are melted,.
- 16Note: I am at high altitude and I need a higher temperature, so watch the crust.
- 17Appetizers: No crust. Lay out pretzel crackers or Tostito Scoops on large greased baking trays. Layer in the order of the pizza. Use a spoon. You may have to use more tomato slices.
- 18Broil for about 2 minutes at 400°F until cheeses are melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Raspberry Barbecue/Chipotle Sauce Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 581.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: