Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Tasty chicken comfort food!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, cut up and skinned (breasts, thighs and drumsticks)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups pumpkin or 2 cups winter squash, peeled 1-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine or 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray an unheated 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown, turning to brown evenly and adding onion and garlic during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add the potatoes and pumpkin or winter squash.
- Combine wine or broth, rosemary, salt, and pepper; pour over chicken and vegetables. B.
- ring mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add zucchini. Cover and cook about 5 minutes more or until chicken and vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Pass pan juices.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges.