Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Years ago, I could never imagine eating meat with fruits...Now, I just love this combination, chicken, prunes and a hint of cinnamon, just wonderful. This is a typical winter dish, with its warming spices. Try this after a long, rainy day and you will feel like on holiday in Morocco!
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup dried prune, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of the oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and rub this mixture in the hicken thighs. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pot and saute the onions until soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry them a few minutes from each side.
- Add the prunes, almonds, honey and about one cup of water, cover and let simmer on low heat until the chicken is tender. This takes about 60-70 minutes.
- During cooking time, stir occasionally and check for liquid.
- Serve with couscous, rice or bread.