Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2 T. sauce. Per serving: 248 calories, 8.2 g fat, 40.2 g protein, 1 g carb, 0.3 g fiber, 101 mg cholesterol.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh thyme sprig
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in broth and herbs de Provence; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; add in butter and lemon juice, stirring until butter is melted.
- Serve sauce over chicken; garnish with thyme sprigs.
Very good and easy! I followed the directions completely except I had some chicken cutlets that I used..didn't have to even pound the chicken. I saw this recipe in the Best of Cooking Light and was going to post it. You saved me the trouble. Thank you.
If you can't find herbes de provence, it is made from a blend of basil, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, lavender and sage. Good with roasted potato wedges and a salad.