Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2 T. sauce. Per serving: 248 calories, 8.2 g fat, 40.2 g protein, 1 g carb, 0.3 g fiber, 101 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by mama smurf
Very good and easy! I followed the directions completely except I had some chicken cutlets that I used..didn't have to even pound the chicken. I saw this recipe in the Best of Cooking Light and was going to post it. You saved me the trouble. Thank you.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh thyme sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in broth and herbs de Provence; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; add in butter and lemon juice, stirring until butter is melted.
- Serve sauce over chicken; garnish with thyme sprigs.