From Louisiana Kitchen and Culture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide sage into four equal portions. Sprinkle one chicken breast with one portion of sage and spread two slices of prosciutto over the top.
- 2Place the chicken breast in a heavy zip-lock bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap and, working from the center out, pound with a meat mallet (or heavy skillet) to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Remove from the bag or plastic wrap, taking care to not dislodge the prosciutto and sage. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread flour on a plate and dredge each piece of chicken lightly, shaking off excess flour.
- 4Heat a large, heavy pan over medium high heat; cover the bottom with olive oil and heat to almost smoking. Working in two batches if necessary, add the chicken to the pan, taking care not to overcrowd. Cook until the edges begin to turn opaque, flip, and continue cooking until chicken is done through, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- 5Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Prosciutto and Sage II
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: